This year, with deep regret, the Board of Directors of the KeyFest have determined there were not enough funds raised to support the 2015 KeyFest, scheduled for June 19, 20 and 21st. The Board would like to apologize for the cancellation and are already working on plans to make next year’s KeyFest more spectacular.
KeyFest will return in 2016
The committee that works together to bring KeyFest to the Key Peninsula and the surrounding area is comprised of Volunteers. We encourage everyone that wants to see KeyFest to continue to please get involved and attend our committee meetings, which meet at 6:30pm the first Monday of each month at the Pierce County Library in Key Center starting in July.
Upcoming scheduled meetings:
Mon June 1st - 6:30pm - Key Center Library
Wed July 1st - 6:30pm - Key Center Library
Wed Aug 5th - 6:30pm - Key Center Library
Wed Sept 2nd - 6:30pm - Key Center Library
Notable Information regarding KeyFest:
- The Key Peninsula Fair Association is all Volunteer. Everyone, from the executive board members to committee members to the workers at KeyFest, all donate their time and energy to make KeyFest an enjoyable, fun filled event for the communities on and around the Key Peninsula.
- KeyFest is intended to be a community event, for everyone on and around the Key Peninsula and it relies on this community to support it. Without this community’s support, we will be unable to continue having this event for the community.
- All of the funds that are raised in support of KeyFest through sponsorships, donations, vendor fees, and gate admission fees, are used to pay for the expenses that KeyFest incurs, such as the rental of the grounds, insurance, permits, electricity, water, lighting, stage, entertainment, fencing, toilets, and advertising.
- KeyFest works with the Department of Transportation to work on the best traffic flow for vehicles in and out of the grounds, to ensure the least amount of impact on local traffic during these three days. Additionally, we are required to hire off-duty police officers/sheriffs to control the traffic at the intersection.
- The carnival is an independent entity that sets their own pricing for rides and games.
- Currently, Gateway Park is the only option through our local parks where we are able to present KeyFest and we are greatful for that opportunity. Unfortunately, it lacks potable water, useable structures and has limited electricity for KeyFest to utilize, which limits what we can currently bring to KeyFest.
- The flow and layout of KeyFest has been scrutinized to account for traffic, area needs and resource availability. Also, Gateway Park has limited cover from weather elements within the allowed usable area, which creates challenges when needing to provide sun/rain protection for the patrons.
- What is your definition of Community? Here’s one from the dictionary: “all the people who live in a particular area, or a group of people who are considered as a unit because of their shared interests or background”: ex. There’s a real sense of community (caring and friendly feeling) in this neighborhood.